Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review: Bella Bamba!

Hey everyone!

I'm sure all of you have heard of Benefit's Boxed Powders; Coralisa, Georgia, Hoola, Dallas, etc. They are known for their excellent pigmentation and adorable packaging. The newest boxed powder to the family is Bella Bamba. It is described as:


"The triple dimension of pink... brightening, sculpting and defining. Sweep on the apples of your cheeks and dot at the hairline for a total thrill of dimensional color. WOW!"



Bella Bamba vs. Coralista:
When I first saw this blush, I was hesitant to get it because it looks at lot like Coralista, another boxed powder from Benefit. This blush is a lot pinker than Coralista and has a lot more shimmer. 


Color: [15/15]
I'm not sure why this is considered a 3D pink, and I don't get a trill of dimensional color, but I love this blush! It's a bright, watermelon pink with gold sparkles. It's super pigmented so be careful when applying this to your cheeks. I think that it would look great on a variety of skin tones, especially medium - dark skin tones. 


Application: [9/10]
I apply to the apples of my cheeks using a MAC #128 brush and blend upward to my temples for a beautiful, pink glow, but you don't have to use that exact brush, any fluffy brush will do! The only problem is that it's extremely pigmented, so you could end up looking like a clown if you use too much!



Packaging: [5/5]
If you haven't already noticed, the packaging is different than the other boxed powders. It now has a flip top and a mirror inside, which I like so much better than the other boxed powders that have a top that comes completely off. The brush that comes from it is also different. The top is rounder and a lot denser than the others. 



Value: [9/10]
This blush is $28.00 for .28 oz, which is about $1.00 for every .01 ounces. It's a high price to pay, but I think it's worth it because these last FOREVER! 

Overall [38/40]
Grade: A

Love ya!
xoxo Sephorastarlette

No comments:

Post a Comment